Honeywell North 5500 Series Half Mask Respirator
Silicone seal for a comfortable, secure fit!
Honeywell 5500 Series elastomeric half mask is the economical solution that does not skimp on features. A wide contoured sealing area provides great fit. The low “dead air” space limits re-breathing of exhaled air for increase comfort and worker productivity. Latex free straps stretch and move with the worker while providing optimum support.
Features & Benefits:
- Converts to PAPR or supplied air respirator. Latex free. Lower headstraps stretch and move with the worker for more comfort without pulling on the facepiece.
- The North 5500 Series half mask is the economical option that still provides many of the same features found in premium masks.
- Upper headstraps have minimum give to provide secure support. Latex-free. Ideal for workers with latex allergies.
- Various thickness in sealing area for improved comfort and support - more support around the chin area and more flexibility on the nose bridge.
- Wide: contoured sealing area for great fit.
- Converts to PAPR or supplied air respirator.
- NIOSH Certified.
- Size: Medium & Large. Medium fits most.
- Packaged one reusable half mask respirator with resealable bag.
- *Cartridge and filters sold separately.
Q. What size respirator do I need?
A. The size Medium will generally fit 80% of the population. You'll more or less know if you need a size larger or smaller based on your previous experiences with hats, glasses, helmets, etc.
Q. When should I replace my filter?
A. Particulate filters will eventually clog up, so they should be changed when it becomes difficult to breathe regularly. Dirty or damaged filters should also be replaced. Filters past the expiration date printed on the packaging should not be used.
Q. How should I store respirator and filters?
A. Cleaned Respirators and components should be stored in a sealed, airtight bag or container and placed in a cool and dry environment away from contaminated atmospheres. You can’t turn a respirator off; it’ll even filter ambient air if you let it, so extend its life with proper storage.