3M 6000 Series Full Face Respirator, each
- Usually Ships Same Business Day
- Free Shipping
3M 6000 Series Full-Face Reusable Respirator
Comfortable, Practical, and Economical Protection
- Comfortable, lightweight non-allergenic TPE construction with silicone face-seal for enhanced comfort, durability, and ease of cleaning.
- Well-balanced design has four strap head suspension for easy on/off.
- Cool Flow Valve quickly releases hot and humid exhaled breath, then directed downwards by the unique center adapter - keeps breathing cool and comfortable for long periods of wear.
- Large lens provide a wide field of vision and meet ANSI Z87.1-2003 high impact requirements. No need for additional safety eye wear.
- Use with 3M 2000 and 6000 Series particulate filters, gas/vapors cartridges, and supplied air respirator systems.
- Switch between three modes: air purifying respirator (APR), supplied air respirator (SA), and powered air purifying respirator (PAPR).
- Reusable - just dispose of the cartridge and filters when used to capacity.
- Can be disassembled, cleaned and reused.
- Recommended for use in agriculture, construction, general manufacturing, pharmaceutical, mining, oil & gas, and industrial maintenance industries.
- Choose Medium (up to 5' 10") or Large (over 5' 10") Full-Face Respirator Mask.
Q. What size face mask do I need?
A. The size Medium will generally fit 80% of the population. You'll more or less know if you need a size larger or smaller based on your previous experiences with hats, glasses, helmets, etc.
Q. I bought a reusable respirator. Now what do I need?
A. You’ll want a 3M 6000 series cartridges for specific gases and vapors, 3M 2000 series filters for particulates (such as dust, fumes, mist, smoke, mold, bacteria, etc), or a convenient combination Cartridge & Filter unit for protection from both. If you don’t see the combined unit you need, you can make it by buying the appropriate 3M 6000 series cartridge, the appropriate 3M 5000 series filter, and then a 3M 501 filter retainer to clamp them together. And if you’re not exactly sure what level of protection or parts you need, give us a call at 800-899-1255.
Q. When should I replace my cartridge or filter?
A. Gas/vapor cartridges should be replaced: when passed the expiry date, after 6 months from opening (even if unused), as soon as contaminants can be smelt or tasted (called “breakthrough”), or in accordance with your company’s established Filter Change Schedule. Certain filters will specify different replacement instructions as well. As a note, Breakthrough – where the sorbent filter material becomes saturated and starts letting in contaminants – is an unreliable method for changing cartridges and OHSA mandates that employers have a cartridge change schedule in place, so that they can be replaced prior to losing their effectiveness.
Particulate filters will eventually clog up, so they should be changed when it becomes difficult to breathe regularly. Dirty or damaged filters should also be replaced.
Q. What is the shelf life of my cartridge?
A. Cartridges, if stored unopened in their original packaging and directly away from sunlight, humidity, and high temperature will last five years from date of manufacture. Once opened, they start absorbing contaminants from the general environment and will have a maximum use time of 6 months (even if unused). And, once in service, actual service life will be affected and determined by use conditions such as: contaminant and contaminant concentration, breathing rate, humidity level, temperature, ventilation, etc.
Q. How should I store respirator, cartridges, and filters?
A. Cleaned Respirators and components should be stored in a sealed, airtight bag or container and placed in a cool and dry environment away from contaminated atmospheres. You can’t turn a respirator off; it’ll even filter ambient air if you let it, so extend its life with proper storage.
Don't see your question answered? Click here and submit your question and we will get back to you shortly with an answer.