Filters and Cartridges
What filter do I need?
Reusable respirators produce less waste than their disposable varieties, however precautions must be taken to ensure they consistently protect. First, a fit test must be done to ensure there is no air leaks from the side of the mask; in short, you want 100% of the air you breathe to be filtered. Second, ensure your filter matches your hazard. If you work with oil based pesticides, then it is imperative that you use an oil-proof filter cartridge. Lastly, ensure your mask is cleaned in between uses. Otherwise, you may be suffering respiratory damage without your knowledge.
The National Institute of Occupational Health and Safety applies the following rating to help guide consumers and protect workers:
- N: not suitable for use with oil-based contaminants
- R: Limited oil protection. Not suitable for more than 8 hours of use.
- P: Oil-Proof. Suitable protection for oil-based contaminants.
- 95: Filters 95% of particles
- 99: Filters 99% of particles
- 100: Filters between 99.7% and 99.9% of particles.
Place your order now at (800) 899-1255 and get the highest quality respirator filters at your doorstep.