Curad Anti-Viral Facemask
- Universal Flat Mask with pleats that inactivate 99.99% of tested influenza viruses on 5 minutes contact with the surface of the facemask.
- Tested on specific seasonal flu viruses, Pandemic h3N1*, Avian* and Swine* & Equine*
- The first and second layers of the mask are treated with two different compounds that inactivate viruses.
- BioMask hydrophilic coating ensures viruses are wicked away from the outer surface.
- In the outer active layer, viruses are inactivated by exposure to a low pH environment.
- Meets ASTM F2100-07 standard: High Barrier surgical facemask.
*Mask tested against Human (h3N1), A/ Brisbane/59/2007; Human (h3N1), A/Wisconsin/10/98; Human (h3N1), A/NewJersey/8/76; Human (H3N2), A/Brisbane/10/2007; Human (H3N2), A/Wisconsin/67/2005; Human, B/Florida/4/2006; Human B/Lee/40; Pandemic h3N1, A/California/07/09; Human (h4N2), A/2/Japan/305/57; Avian (H5N1), NIBRG-14; Duck (H5N2), A/Duck/PA /10218/84; Avian (H9N2), Turkey/Wisconsin/66; Swine (h3N1), A/Swine/1976/31; Equine (H3N8), A/Equine/2/Miami/63; and Human (h3N1) A/PR/8/34. This mask does not eliminate the risk of contracting any disease or infection.
Intended to be worn by operating room personnel during surgical procedures, to protect both the surgical patient, and the operating room personnel, from the transfer of micro-organisms, body fluids and particulate material. This product meets ASTM F2100-07 Standard for level 3 High Barrier Performance
INDICATIONS FOR USE: This surgical facemask is a single use disposable device with a hydrophilic plastic coating on the outer layer (active ingredient: citric acid 2%, a pH lowering agent) that rapidly absorbs aerosol droplets away from the outer surface of the mask, and a second inner layer treated with metal ions (active ingredients: copper 1.6% and zinc 1.6%, which forms ionic bonds with negatively-charged side groups on influenza viruses).